Admission to Midwest University is open to all persons regardless of race, color, gender, handicap, nationality, ethnic origin, or personal Christian commitment. The Office of Admissions compiles applicants' academic records, including letters of recommendation, and personal information. Completed files will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for application reviews. * Final admission status will be at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
Admissions determinations may have the following results:
Full Admission: Applicant meets all qualifications to be admitted to the academic program that he/she will pursue.
Provisional Admission: If an applicant's admission documents and/or academic qualifications appear to be incomplete and/or needed, the student may enroll as a full- or part-time student pending the receipt of the necessary documents as noted in the Midwest University admission letter. Provisionally admitted students must have all required documents and actions cleared by the end of the semester or term in which they were provisionally enrolled. Failure to comply with these regulations will result in a possible denial of registration for subsequent terms and a loss of student status.
Examples of Reasons for Provisional Admission Status:
- Incomplete transcripts from previous institutions
- Required letter of recommendation not received
Probationary Admission: Admission is granted under certain conditions in which the applicant will be required to demonstrate his/her abilities to complete his/her academic program at Midwest University. The guidelines are as follows:
- Undergraduate candidates must achieve a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least a 3.0 in the first 12 credit hours of academic work.
- Graduate students must achieve a minimum Grade Point Average of at least a 3.5 in the first 9 credit hours of academic work.
Upon successful completion of these requirements, he/she will be granted Full Admission status.
- Auditing ESL Students are charged full tuition.
- Auditing academic students are charged 50% of the credit fee; the student will not receive a credit for the class.
Midwest University accepts applications at all times. When the review of the potential student's application is complete, the file will be submitted to the Admissions Committee for review, and applicants will subsequently be notified of the admission decision.